ABOUT THIS BLOG
Use this blog in conjunction with the Sattva Center for Archery Training website if you are an archery coach or athlete looking to advance your training. Coach Kyle posts articles and videos designed supplement the education and training of archery coaches and athletes looking to take the next step.
ABOUT COACH KYLE
Kyle Bissell lives in Greenfield, MA, with his wife and two daughters. He has a Masters in Education, is a Ph.D. student at Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions, a USA Archery Level IV NTS Coach, Level III Coach Trainer, Level I & II Instructor Trainer, USA Archery Regional Elite Development Team Coach, Level V Coach candidate, and founder and head coach at Sattva Center for Archery Training (10yrs). Coach Kyle also assists with USA Archery Level IV Coach training. He was an athletic director at the high school level, physical education teacher at the elementary level (8 yrs.), and a Level III Professional Ski Instructor of America (13 yrs), where he earned inclusion in Skiing Magazine (1997) as among the 75 best ski instructors in the USA for children. He has worked for the adventure education and outdoor programs at Harvard University, College of the Atlantic, and Green Mountain College. Recently, a custom archery-based professional development program Bissell designed was published as a case study in a book for school administrators. Bissell is a multi-sport athlete and loves teaching the physical and mental elements required to pursue increased performance. He has actively studied and applied the art and science of teaching movement and coaching character for 28 years.
Kyle’s favorite research topics pertain to motor learning, issues of sex and gender in sport, coach training, and instructional design/pedagogical theory. His Ph.D. dissertation will likely revolve around motor learning. Coach training is one of his favorite parts of working at Sattva Center for Archery Training and USA Archery. Coach Kyle began offering Level I and II Archery Instructor certifications with the National Archery Association (NAA, now USA Archery) 16 years ago. In 2021 he certified 120-150 Level I Instructors during June and has certified over 1000 instructors and coaches over the past 16 years. Today, Sattva Center for Archery Training is one of the largest providers of certification courses in the USA.
Certification processes are familiar territory for Coach Kyle. He has been certified in several areas including:
- American Canoe Association in flat and moving water instruction
- American Mountain Guide Association (AMGA) as a Top Rope Site Manager
- Project Adventure (PA) as an Advanced Skills and Standards practitioner
- American Association of Snowboard Instructors (AASI) as a Level I Instructor
- Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA) as a Level III Instructor
- Leave No Trace as a Master Educator (Trainer)
- State of Maine: Maine Guide with a Sea Kayaking endorsement
- State of Maine: Trip Leader Trainer
- National Archery Association (NAA) and USA Archery Level I-IV, Instructor Trainer, Level III Coach Trainer, Level IV Course Assistant
- Stonehearth Open Learning Opportunities (SOLO) Wilderness First Responder
- State of Maine: Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-B), nationally registered.
- National Fire Protection Association: Firefighter 1 (incomplete)
Please visit Sattva Center for Archery Training to book a private coaching session with Coach Kyle. He can meet virtually or in-person and specializes in Olympic, compound, and barebow target archery.